Here is a fantastic Jalapeno Cornbread Recipe!
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, melted butter, and egg.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Stir in the corn kernels, jalapeno peppers, and grated cheese.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and smooth the top.
- Bake the cornbread for 20-25 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cornbread cool in the pan for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
- You can add 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro to the batter for added flavor.
- For a spicier cornbread, you can add additional jalapeno peppers or a pinch of cayenne pepper to the batter.
- You can also top the cornbread with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese before baking for an extra cheesy treat